Secure and Convenient Bill Payment Options
New January 16, 2013
Pay Now - Fast One-Time Electric Bill Payment - No Registration Required
- Pay Now provides an online payment alternative to SmartHub
- Easy online bill payment, no registration required to login
- Streamlines the quick payment process, use your electric account number and mailing zip code to access your account for payment
- If a match is found, the Pay Now Account Screen will be displayed with details of amount due
- If a match is not found, you will receive an error message
- Pay the total amount due or change the Pay Amount field to make a partial payment
- No stored payment information, credit card or checking account information entered each time a payment is made
Please call 800-421-0283 or 715-646-2191, option 7, to speak with an electric billing representative if you have questions or e-mail.
Receive, view, pay and track all of the e-bills you receive online in one secure location using your bank's or other bill pay service such as US Bank, Bank of America, MyCheckFree, etc.
- New interface with Fiserv, the only service of its kind available, that works with nearly all of the major banks
- Completely free to our members
- Will automatically turn off the paper bill print for your electric account when you sign up for the e-bill service through your third party bill pay service
- In most cases we will receive payments weekdays and they will post to electric accounts the same day received
- Completely new option that is not related to our current SmartHub website
Please call 800-421-0283 or 715-646-2191 and select option 7 after the greeting to speak with an electric billing representative if you have questions or e-mail.
Recurring Monthly Automatic Bill Payment
- Designed for member-owners who would prefer to spend their time on something other than writing checks each month.
- Sign up to pay your monthly electric bill automatically from your bank checking or savings account or charged to your debit or credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover)
- Ensure an excellent credit rating on your electric account
- Save time
- One less check to write each month
- Save postage
- Ideal if you travel or go south for the winter months
- You will continue to receive your monthly bill as usual
- Allows plenty of time to call us if you have any questions or concerns
- Will be processed on the due date printed on your bill
- No convenience fees
- No late payment penalties
- The deduction will appear on your bank checking or savings or debit or credit card statement
- You remain in control of your payments, can be discontinued immediately by calling Polk-Burnett
- Simply complete and return this Automatic Bill Payment Authorization form
- Call the Polk-Burnett electric billing department Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. to enroll at 800-421-0283 or 715-646-2191 and select Option 7
- Call our Interactive Voice Response system at 715-646-2191 and select Option 2 any day or time that is convenient for you
Members can also make their electric payment by
- Check, debit or credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover) by phone; 715-646-2191, Option 2, no convenience fee, 24-hours a day, seven days a week
- Mail; enclose your check or money order, along with the return stub from your electric bill, in the return envelope included in your monthly bill
- In person at the Centuria and Siren offices between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- For convenience in paying your bill, try our drive-up window at either location, there's no need to wait for counter service
- In the secure drop boxes by the drive-up window at either office after regular business hours
If you head south for the winter or are going to be away for 30 days or more, please notify our electric billing department, 800-421-0283 or 715-646-2191, Option 7, or e-mail.
NOTICE TO MEMBERS PAYING BY CHECK
Electronic Fund Transactions
Check Cashing Policy
In the event your check is returned for insufficient or uncollected funds, eBancCorpTM will re-present your check to your bank electronically and assess a $30.00 returned check fee, or the maximum the law will allow.
The Speed of Check Clearing Has Increased Due to Electronic Clearing Between Banks
Effective January 1, 2009, Polk-Burnett began processing checks in accordance with the Check 21 Act that took effect October 28, 2004. The Check 21 Act authorizes banks and merchants to exchange electronic records of checks instead of the original paper copies. The original paper checks are destroyed. There is an image of the check and that electronic image serves as proof of payment. It is important for you to be aware the speed of check clearing has increased due to electronic clearing between banks. The electronic method of processing checks means that your checks will reach your bank faster and likely be paid sooner than they were in the past.