A clear right-of-way reduces power outages and improves safety for everyone
Polk-Burnett has more than 3,000 miles of overhead and underground power lines that are operated and maintained by the cooperative and contracted employees. It is important for Polk-Burnett to maintain its rights-of-way for the following reasons:
- Accessibility for field crews, vehicles and equipment
- Fire prevention
- Reliable electric service
- Quality service with the reduction of outages and blinks
- Safety for workers and the public
- Meeting state and federal code requirements
On a daily basis, Polk-Burnett employees and contractors are working throughout the area, at times on your property, to operate and maintain the electric system. In order to gain access to the electric system and maintain our rights-of-ways, Polk-Burnett uses easements that have been obtained from the membership for more than 70 years. We appreciate your cooperation and we will continue to be respectful of your property.
If you have questions, please contact our rights-of-way department via email at 800-421-0283, ext. 329.